List of FAQs
These are some of our most frequently asked questions. Do you have a question that hasn’t been answered here? Leave a message below, and we’ll get right back to you!
List of FAQs
- Where is Yippee’s office located and what are the opening hours?
- What is the number to call in case of emergency or outside office hours?
- What types of vehicles do you offer?
- We would like a tour in a particular language
- What is Yippee’s cancellation policy?
- What's Yippee's bad weather policy?
- We are a group and would like to enjoy the Tuk Tuk tour and be together?
- What should I wear and bring along?
- Why is a safety deposit required on your Quad Bike tours?
- What happens in case of an accident on a Quad Bike tour?
- Can passengers drive a Tuk Tuk?
- Can I make my own way to Gozo?
- At what time will I be picked up if I am staying in Malta?
- Where is my pick-up point if I am staying in Malta?
- I am staying in Gozo how do I get to Mgarr Harbour?
Where is Yippee’s office located and what are the opening hours?
Our office is located a three (3) minute's walk up the road from the Gozo Channel Ferry Terminal in Mgarr Harbour (Gozo). The office is open seven (7) days a week from 8:00hrs till 17:00hrs.
Contact numbers: Phone - +356 2156 0512 | WhatsApp - +356 9967 0099 or +356 9967 0100
What is the number to call in case of emergency or outside office hours?
+356 9967 0100 (also available on WhatsApp)
About our tours
What types of vehicles do you offer?
- Tuk-tuks:We are the only tour operator in Malta that offer tours on Tuk-Tuks. These brightly-coloured vehicles can seat up to 6 passengers and are driven by an experienced Gozo expert driver.
- Quad Bikes (ATV): Our Quad Bikes are modern, high-powered (570cc), handle really well and are designed for fun, adventure tours on rough terrain. One Quad Bike seats two: A driver and a passenger. They’re perfectly suited to Gozo’s rugged landscape off-road. We take care of all safety measures, including safety briefing and gear.
We would like a tour in a particular language
Our tour drivers speak multiple languages and you can submit your preference of language during the booking process. All of our drivers are Gozo experts and will share their knowledge with you at every stop!
What is Yippee’s cancellation policy?
You may opt to cancel for a full refund up to 24h before your tour start time. Cancellations within 24h of tour start time will result in forfeiting of your deposit.
What's Yippee's bad weather policy?
Your safety is our priority. Should bad weather prevent your participation, we aim to either re-schedule or refund you in full. Bad weather may affect your transport to/from Gozo, usually in winter. Should our private Yippee boat not be able to fulfill transport to/from Gozo, you will be provided with communal ferry tickets.
We are a group and would like to enjoy the Tuk Tuk tour and be together?
Although we make every effort to try and group separate bookings, this may not always be possible. We recommend opting for a Private Tuk Tuk tour instead, which is still very reasonably priced.
What should I wear and bring along?
- For Tuk Tuk tours: Comfortable walking preferably closed shoes, sunblock, swimsuit and towel in the summer months, and a light jacket in winter
- For Quad bike tours: Drivers are to wear proper closed driving shoes. Drivers are to present original and valid driving license. Cash or Credit Card (3%) to cover required safety deposit. Protective gear and hairnets are provided by Yippee. Consider bringing a camera or GoPro with you to take a few snaps/videos on your tour!
Why is a safety deposit required on your Quad Bike tours?
We require a safety deposit for insurance purposes
What happens in case of an accident on a Quad Bike tour?
Your safety is our priority, and your lead driver is trained to help you avoid any accidents. In the unlikely case of an accident, our Quad Bikes are fully comprehensively insured. If an accident does happen, or damage is caused due to negligence, the driver is required to pay 100% of the excess insurance fee which amounts to three hundred and fifty (350) euros.
Can passengers drive a Tuk Tuk?
Tuk Tuks can only be driven by Yippee's licensed and qualified Yippee chauffeurs.
About transport to/from Gozo
Can I make my own way to Gozo?
Yes, you can. You will need to catch the main ferry (a 25 min. trip) at Cirkewwa (in the North of Malta. If you have prebooked your tour and are making your own way to the Gozo Channel Ferry terminal in Cirkewwa (Malta), you must board the ferry leaving Cirkewwa at 9:45 am. Be aware that the Departure Gate closes at 9:30am.
At what time will I be picked up if I am staying in Malta?
You can find the pick-up time for your booked tour in the confirmation email sent after booking, as well as on your ticket. The exact times depend on your location in Malta and the tour you booked.
Yippee recommends that you are at your pickup point five (5) minutes before the time indicated on your ticket. Below you can find the village pick-up times. In case of any difficulty, please contact Yippee on WhatsApp +356 9967 0099/+356 9967 0100 or call +356 2156 0512.
Where is my pick-up point if I am staying in Malta?
Pick-up points are clearly indicated in your ticket, as well as in your booking confirmation email. Pick-up points have been carefully planned and will be either from your hotel/accommodation or close by.
I am staying in Gozo how do I get to Mgarr Harbour?
A complimentary pick-up and return is offered to guests staying in Gozo. Kindly fill in your address in Gozo when booking. Kindly contact the booking office by phone number +356 2156 0512 or Whatsapp +356 9967 0099 to agree on a pickup time and confirm the location or email email@example.com.