Gozo Self-Drive GoCar tour
w/crossing & return by Yippee Island Hopper boat
6 HOURS - 3 WHEELS - SELF DRIVE
Includes Hotel Transfer & Traditional Gozitan Lunch
from €75 each person
Price varies by group size
3 wheels, 2 people in 1 open topped GoCar, it’s the countdown to an unforgettable adventure. Safe and simple to drive, GoCars easily access all areas, traveling in convoy behind our tour/safety leader. Be warned, you won’t want to give your GoCar back.
Explore cliffs, caves, an ancient tower, a national shrine, stunning saltpans and more. Make sure you take lots of photos as you nip around back streets and across country trails, discovering unique landmarks tucked out of sight. Satisfy all your senses with our authentic light Gozo lunch.
GoCar drivers get a safety and operational briefing from an expert mentor before departure. Drivers must be aged 21 or over and present a valid driving license and credit card. Minimum height for passengers is 60 cm’s. Safety is our priority, and in the case of bad weather guests will be upgraded to either an eJeep or a Tuk-Tuk.
Weather permitting Yippee's Island Hopper boat reserved exclusively for our guests sails past Comino's captivating Blue Lagoon, Crystal Lagoon and caves on the return voyage
Come as a guest, leave like a local.
Prices include :
- · Pick up in Malta or Gozo from your hotel or closest pick-up point by Yippee transport.
- · Crossing to Gozo aboard Yippee Island Hopper Boat exclusively reserved for Yippee guests (weather permitting)
- · Light traditional Gozitan lunch
- · Return to Malta aboard Yippee Island Hopper Boat passing by Comino’s captivating Blue Lagoon, Crystal Lagoon & Caves (weather permitting)
- · Ferry ticket whenever required
- · Return to original pick-up point by Yippee transport.
- · Tour leader/Safety Officer & Fuel
- · Duration of Tour 6 hours (excluding transfers time)
- Safety is our priority and in case of bad weather we will upgrade guests either to a self-drive eJeep or a chauffeured Tuk Tuk
Points of Interest:
1. Church of St. John The Baptist, Xewkija, Island of Gozo.
This impressive church boasts the third largest unsupported dome in the world. Access to the roof of the Rotunda via a lift, and from there you can enjoy panoramic 360-degree views of Gozo.
2. Sanap Cliffs, Munxar, Island of Gozo.
Not accessible by public transport or hop-on/hop-off tours, Sanap Cliffs is one of the highest points in Gozo. These breathtaking cliffs are a hidden gem with views of Malta and Comino in the distance.
3. Wash house – Fontana Island of Gozo
Two 16th century well-preserved public wash-houses built by the Knights of St John may be seen on either side of Spring Street in the village of Fontana.
4. Dwejra Bay, San Lawrenz, Island of Gozo.
This is where the famous Azure Window used to stand, although the area has so much more to discover, including Fungus Rock, the Inland Sea and Dwejra Tower. Do not miss the limestone quarries on your way down.
5. Ta' Pinu National Shrine, Gharb, Island of Gozo.
Ta' Pinu is our ´church of miracles´ and a wonderful example of Gozitan heritage. This spectacular Basilica sits by itself in the countryside, with extensive murals and mosaics both inside and out.
6. Xwejni Salt Pans - Islands of Gozo
Xwejni is home to the Salt Pans, which are, as the name suggests, pans cut out of the rock where Gozitans still make salt to this day. The pans stretch for many kilometers.
7. Qbajjar & Marsalforn Bay - Island of Gozo
This is where our guests can enjoy a light traditional lunch at a restaurant by the sea.
8. Calypso Cave, Xaghra, Island of Gozo.
Calypso Cave is linked to Greek Mythology and is believed to have been referenced in Homer's Odyssey. Whilst the caves themselves are currently closed, the view overlooking the red sands of Ramla Bay is breathtaking.
9. Ta Kenuna Tower – Nadur – Island of Gozo
The Kenuna Tower is a semaphore tower also known as a relay station or optical telegraph tower. It is situated on the eastem side of the island, by the village of Nadur, on a hill 130 metres above sea level.
10. Qala Belvedere, Qala, Island of Gozo.
Qala Belvedere enjoys beautiful views of Mgarr Harbour and our three islands.
11. Blue Lagoon - Island of Comino
Weather permitting on the return boat voyage from Gozo to Malta Yippee Island Hopper boat sails around the picture-perfect Blue Lagoon.
12. Crystal Lagoon & Caves - Island of Comino.
Weather permitting on the return boat voyage from Gozo to Malta Yippee Island Hopper boat sails around the picture-perfect Crystal Lagoon and Comino's captivating caves.
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\Dev\Yippee2\info2.PHP on line 452